As an FA 3* Accredited Community Club, child welfare is at the heart of what we do. The Committee and the Club Welfare Officer are responsible for the club’s compliance with the child protection and welfare issues that are related to running a youth football club.
The AC Finchley Club Welfare Officer Matt Todd who can be contacted at email@example.com, is responsible for the welfare and safeguarding of all members under the age of 18.
These Club codes relate directly to club welfare issues:
- Safeguarding Children Policy CLICK HERE
- Child Protection Policy CLICK HERE
- Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure CLICK HERE
In addition all managers must complete the following before taking charge of a team:
- An interview with a committee member (by phone or face to face)
- DBS check carried out by our Child welfare Officer
- Safeguarding Children online course
- FA Introduction to First Aid online course
- FA Playmaker online course
- FA Level 1 Introduction to Football Coaching course
As an FA 3* Accredited Community Club we are supporters of the FA Respect campaign and expect the highest standards of conduct from our Coaches, players, parents and supporters. The role of the
Club Welfare Officer is key to ensuring that Respect is understood and taken on board by the committee,
coaches, members and supporters. Our Match Day Delegates (link to document) are present at every game
to ensure that the respect guidelines are followed.